Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I want to be an Investor

A big hello to all my non-existent readers out there (at the moment anyway). This is the InvestorWannabe deciding that is about time to start a blog. I feel like writing some of my thoughts down for easy access and I think that perhaps someone might find them useful. Or at least get a good "oh I feel sorry for that guy" chuckle out of them.

What you should know about me: I have recently taken an interest in everything money. Naturally this has led me to the equity and currency markets with more of a focus on the stock markets. I have been reading ass loads of great investment books over the past years that I will probably quote frequently. I like Benjamen Graham, Warren Buffet, Phil Fisher (although I don't care for Ken Fisher to be honest), John Templeton, George Soros, William Oneil, and Gerald Loeb. If you happen to be Canadian and know Stephen Jarislowsky or Prem Watsa (CEO of Fairfax Holdings) I'm a fan of them too. Reading all their books and being a fan hasn't made me squat. Yet.

I'll throw the names of the investment books I have read up next time. Everyone loves a good investment book, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment