Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011 a-go

Stocks have been given the green light to go higher. Nobody is surprised by this. The term double-dip has returned to reference veggie platters and salsa chips, where many sane people believe it will stay. The last 90 days have been kinder than all previous periods of said length, in terms of the market value of my equity accounts.

I am quite comfortable letting it get to my head for the time being. I will need the confidence to buy out of the money calls on stupid names with mild chances (mild but not minute) to double or triple. If this year is as the scrolls of the internets have foreshadowed, there will be gains.

Image this: It's Dec 31st 2011 and equities have rallied 20% over the year. You look back at values on Jan 1st 2011 and think, "How did I miss that?"

That is what people are thinking right now. Nobody likes missing the imaginary mean reversion bus.

I don't write this to make sense anymore. I write it to make money.

No comments:

Post a Comment