Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Paper Money

Currencies are a fickle bunch. A trader's dream, most definitely. The amount of leverage and liquidity available to a retail investor is outstanding and unrivaled.

Being a Canadian and needing to access the US for the plethora of publicly traded companies there I needed a foreign exchange account to hedge myself against an unprecendented drop in value of the greenback.

I've found lately that shorting the USD/CAD pair has been childsplay for banking coin. The 500 pip jump this week in the pair was a kick in the pants but you know how much I like to add to trades when they start losing. I'm shorting that pair back into the depths of 1.02 if it costs me my account. Have no fear, I have less than 5% of my investing capital in forex. I'm not That crazy. I just think it's a good trade.



And just so you know I ain't playin'

No comments:

Post a Comment