Monday, November 10, 2008

Predictions

What's a blog without a little speculation? Pretty boring, I'd say.

I figure I'll share some insights now and later they might be worth some credibility. There is no doubt in my mind that I am credible enough as it is but unless you know me well I have to prove it to you.

So, 2009 stock market predictions:

- We have seen the bottom (or damn well near it) of the market in Oct 08 with the record breaking VIX numbers

- Equity markets will recover more slowly than typical recessions

- The typical 3 month period of the equity markets leading the end of the recession will be longer as this is certainly not a typical recession. I would say 6 months -1 year or recession. And perhaps slower growth for a year after that.

If I think of some more predictions I'll throw em up.

No comments:

Post a Comment